02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: What I've been doing... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What I've been doing...

34
Amidst the chaos of life, there are flowers.


You haven't heard from me much the past two weeks.  I have a long list of excuses, but that would just be lame.  But so you know I haven't forgot about you, I will tell you a tiny bit about what I've been up to.  Some of these things will likely turn into posts and tutorials later, but things aren't at that stage yet.

I have been busy, busy, busy, but it's the kind of busy that doesn't produce immediate results so I feel like I haven't accomplished much beyond keeping the floor swept and the dishes done.  I can't even say that I've kept up with the laundry.  I mustered up all my courage and tackled Mount Laundry-more last night.  I still have more tonight to catch up, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can only say that you either don't have 4 kids at home or you are WAY more organized than I am.  Good for you.  Please accept a virtual pat on the back.

So, if I haven't been slaying the Laundry Beast, what have I been doing?  In addition to church work, home schooling 4 kids in vastly different grades, cooking everything under the sun from scratch, and dealing with the general mayhem of changed plans and real life, I have been mostly planning. I have been planning our summer out a bit to avoid the kids descending into dissipation.  I have been beginning my 2013-14 school planning (usually I'm done by now, but it has been a little crazy around here).  I have been planning how to organize those last chaos magnets in our home, making vacation plans, etc.  When I get my planning finished later this summer, I hope to show you what I did.

In addition to my personal planning, I have also been planning for Mother's Day at our church.  Sometimes I like to make something for the mamas in our church rather than just purchasing something.  I didn't think I would have time for that this year, but then I saw something that I thought was just perfect.  So I am gathering my supplies and will be sure to take pictures.  I can't tell you what it is because a number of my readers also attend our church and I want it to be a surprise.  Sometime after Mother's Day, I will show you what I did.  I know, I know.  The suspense is almost too much to bear, isn't it?  Try to remain calm.

Hopefully things will be back on a more even keel soon, and I will be able to post some fun stuff, but for now,

Have a great day!!

Angela
35 36 37 38