02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: Super Quick Necklace Display Table 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Super Quick Necklace Display Table

34


In my last post I showed you how to make these fun Glass Tile Necklaces:



I needed a way for the Ladies in our church to be able to see all the necklaces and choose their favorite.  I needed to set up some kind of display table.  Only I didn't have a lot of time or money to spend on a display table.  It was going to have to be quick and simple.

We will start with the gift bags.

The Gift Bags:





You will need:
Small Gauze Bags (available pretty much everywhere -- Hobby Lobby, Walmart...  I got mine from Sun and Moon Crafts when I ordered my necklace supplies.)
Stamps and Stamp Pad (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
Card Stock
Chocolates (Because what could possibly be better than a pretty necklace?  A pretty necklace and a chocolate!!)


First cut 2"x 2" squares from the card stock (or whatever size fits into your bags).  Then simply stamp with whatever saying or design you like.  There are lots of other cool stamps besides Mother's Day stamps.  ;)


Then I flipped the cards over and stamped with a "Uniquely Handmade" stamp, because they're handmade.  And no two were alike, so they're unique.  It qualified.


Next, I stuffed the bags with one stamped card and one chocolate.  When the Ladies chose their necklace, my table attendants would put it in one of these bags and send them on their merry way.


The Centerpiece:
Necklaces lay pretty flat on a table, if you haven't noticed, so I wanted to add some height and interest to an otherwise very flat looking display.

I looked around my stash of amazingness and came up pretty much empty handed -- all except for a galvanized tub and some burlap.  I don't care what you are doing, it will look cooler if you add a galvanized tub and burlap.  I'm thinking about adding them to my outfit the next time I need to look cool.  (Not really.  I wouldn't actually do that.  That'd just be weird.)

To make the center piece, you will need:
Galvanized Tub or Bucket
Floral Foam
Branches (available anywhere trees are sold.  JK, I picked them up out of my yard.)
White Spray Paint
Green Craft Moss (In the floral section of Hobby Lobby or Walmart)

This is so easy, it doesn't need pictures.

Gather your branches and spray paint them white.  When they are all dry, put the floral foam into the galvanized tub, making sure you have a fairly tight fit (this will help give your branches some stability).  Stick your branches in to make it look the way you like it.  Make sure you put them in fairly deep, so your arrangement will be stable.  Cover the floral foam with moss.  Done.

I printed up a little sign and attached it to the centerpiece.  Then I spread a white table cloth over the table, put a piece of burlap over the top and set the centerpiece on there.

I hung some necklaces in the tree, and arranged others on the table.  No more super flat necklace display.  


Now that Mother's Day is over, I didn't know what to do with my "tree".  For now, I stuck the it in front of my cold, dark fireplace (AKA the Black Hole).  I will probably do something else with that fireplace for the summer, but since I don't know what I want to do yet, this will work for now.


There you have it.  Super simple.
Have a great day!!

Angela

Labels:

35 36 37 38