I suddenly realized that I have never made a real About Me page for my blog, and that maybe I should. But then I sat and looked at a blank page for about an hour. I couldn't think of a single interesting thing to say about myself. So I scrapped that idea and decided to tell you some totally pointless things about myself. Without further ado, here are 11 things you never needed to know about me:
1. I am the mother of the CEO of AZCO Root Beer Company. At least my 10 year-old son thinks so. He got a Homemade Root Beer Kit for his birthday. It is brewing on the kitchen counter as we speak. He named his new "company" AZCO -- for absolutely no coherent reason. Do you think he will charge us for helping him drink it?
2. My perfect summer day would involve sitting under a shade tree with a good book and a cup of tea.
3. My perfect winter day would involve sitting by the fire with a good book and a cup of tea.
4. I almost never have a perfect day.
5. I don't sleep enough and that makes me do weird things.
6. Like writing this About Page.
7. I don't actually like to cook most of the time. I realized early in marriage that I was going to spend a lot of my life cooking, so I had better learn to do it well. I began to study it like a science. Now I can whip out a mean meal for a crowd without breaking a sweat, all while pretending I'm doing something else.
8. On the rare occasion that I am alone for a day, I tend to nearly starve. I won't cook for myself and since we don't keep convenience foods in the house, I go hungry.
9. Once upon a time, I used to paint (pictures, not houses).
10. In my secret dream life, I want to own chickens and a dairy cow. Except that I don't actually want to clean the coop or milk the cow.
11. I also want an organic farm, but I don't want to weed it. Or harvest it. I just want to eat it -- the whole farm. (I'm hungry. See #8)
So now you know. Is there anything else you want to know? Maybe you can help me write a proper About Page.