02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: Nourishing Lip Balm 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Nourishing Lip Balm

34

Making lip balm is a lot like making salve or lotion bars.  It's a lot easier than it looks.  You've got this if you know how to stir things and melt things (You know that plastic lid that fell to the bottom of the dishwasher?  See? You know how to melt things).  I made this lip balm for these gift bags, so I made a ton.  Don't be scared.  I'm giving you the amounts for a normal batch, not the mega-batch I made.  Nobody's lips are so dry that they need 50 tins of lip balm.  Nobody.


What You Need:  This will make about 6 small tins or 8-10 chapstick type containers.
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP shea butter
1 TBSP beeswax pastilles
1-3 drops peppermint essential oil
1 dash pure stevia powder
1/8 tsp beetroot powder (optional)
Lip Balm containers

A note about the Beetroot Powder:  Beetroot Powder is wonderful stuff, but I don't think I will use it again for lip balm.  The blogosphere proclaims it as a wonderful way to add tint to lip balm, but as you can see below, it didn't lend much color to the lip balm.  It didn't dissolve like I thought it would, so it made the lip balm a little bit gritty.  Not what I was looking for.  I am currently experimenting with other ways to safely create lip color.  I'll let you know.


What To Do:
Put the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a bowl.  Melt them in the microwave on high at 1 minute intervals just until the ingredients liquify, stirring often.  Stir in the essential oil, stevia and beetroot, if using.  Pour into lip balm containers.  Allow to cool.  Ta Da.  You are the coolest kid on the block.  


You can even make labels, because you're cool like that.


Have a great day with soft lips,

Angela

Never miss another post!  Follow Gallimaufry Grove in the sidebar!

Labels:

35 36 37 38